Announcements
Are you a tax professional needing a bit more time to lodge? Check out how to apply online for a deferral, or ask the Community!

ATO Community

Balance against superannuation account showing not reported

Views 87

Replies 2

Hi, I logged in to my gov site and selected ATO- Super- Fund details. It is showing all the superannuation accounts that I have but balance against two of the account shows 'Not reported'. What does it mean?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Champion

Replies 1

Hi RekhaJoshi,

Welcome to ATO Community!

There may be a couple of reasons the balance is showing as 'not reported'.

However, the most likely reason the balance against an account is showing as 'not reported' is where the account has only been opened recently (that is, within the last 12 months). 

A super fund only needs to report the super account balance once a year, which is the account balance at 30 June. For most super funds, they need to report that balance by the end of October.  

If your account(s) were opened after 30 June 2020, your fund would not have been required to report the balance to the ATO yet.

If you would like to know your account balance before October 2021, your super fund will be able to provide it to you.

This is my personal view; I’m an ATO employee who chooses to help out here in my own time.

2 REPLIES 2

Most helpful response

Champion

Replies 1

Hi RekhaJoshi,

Welcome to ATO Community!

There may be a couple of reasons the balance is showing as 'not reported'.

However, the most likely reason the balance against an account is showing as 'not reported' is where the account has only been opened recently (that is, within the last 12 months). 

A super fund only needs to report the super account balance once a year, which is the account balance at 30 June. For most super funds, they need to report that balance by the end of October.  

If your account(s) were opened after 30 June 2020, your fund would not have been required to report the balance to the ATO yet.

If you would like to know your account balance before October 2021, your super fund will be able to provide it to you.

This is my personal view; I’m an ATO employee who chooses to help out here in my own time.

Replies 0

Thanks for the response! This makes sense now.