Announcements
Are you a tax professional needing a bit more time to lodge? Check out how to apply online for a deferral, or ask the Community!

ATO Community

Linking ATO to mygov using superannuation verification

Views 111

Replies 5

I'm trying to link my ATO to mygov and for verification I have to choose 2 from NOA, payg, bank, and superannuation. I opt for bank and superannuation since those information I have however in superannuation, I am having trouble with as the fund ABN doesn't work even if the ABN that I am using is from the statement of my super and emails from them. I can't use noa and payg as verification as I don't have a copy of my information there. I am also overseas thus I'm unable to call for assistance since it will cost a lot. Is there a way to resolve my issue so I can link my ATO to mygov?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Dynamo

Replies 4

Are you using the super fund's ABN that you've been with for a long time of have you changed super funds recently? If you've always had the same one, I'd double check your super's ABN. No reason why it shouldn't go through if you've got the ABN right. If you really don't want to call you'll have to try find other documents like your PAYG summary or income statement. You can ask your employer for this.

Otherwise you'll have to ring the overseas number.

5 REPLIES 5

Most helpful response

Dynamo

Replies 4

Are you using the super fund's ABN that you've been with for a long time of have you changed super funds recently? If you've always had the same one, I'd double check your super's ABN. No reason why it shouldn't go through if you've got the ABN right. If you really don't want to call you'll have to try find other documents like your PAYG summary or income statement. You can ask your employer for this.

Otherwise you'll have to ring the overseas number.

Replies 3

I only have one super fund ever since. And all the ABN I tried to input in there is from my annual statement/email from my superfund. That's why I don't know why it doesn't work. Can my partner in australia call on my behalf?

Dynamo

Replies 2

Weird. Probably not - they'd need to verify your identity. 

Replies 1

I'm hopeless. I probably will not get my tax return this financial year T.T

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @klarisselouise

If you're not able to link yourself, you'll need to contact us to get a linking code.

If you're concerned about the cost of international calling, you can use a WiFi calling service instead. Many online voice call programs also have phone number calling functions, too. You can find the number to contact us on our website.