ATO Community

Re: My employer put my super into wrong account

Views 157

Replies 2

Hi I accidently gave my employer the wrong super account details and they have been putting my super into my parents self managed super fund for over a year, Can i just get my parents to roll that amount over into my fund now or is it more complicated than that, the dates went from May 2019 to Oct 2020 and it was a total amount of $4000 plus. If anyone know how to help that would be great. Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 1

@AnneOmal 

First of all, can you please rephrase your question, the way you have phrased your qeustion it seems that the employer deliberately put the super into a wrong account !!!!!!!!!!!

Secondly, your parents can't simply roll over the funds into your super account, it will need to be reversed to the Employer & then the employer can transfer into your super account as one off entry and has to do via super clearing house with appropriate contribution/wage period completed while processing the transaction to avoid the conributions counted towards the wrong period.

It baffles me, even after cleaing house, how can this go so wrong on so many levels?????? that it was picked up after 1 year.Smiley Surprised

2 REPLIES 2

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 1

@AnneOmal 

First of all, can you please rephrase your question, the way you have phrased your qeustion it seems that the employer deliberately put the super into a wrong account !!!!!!!!!!!

Secondly, your parents can't simply roll over the funds into your super account, it will need to be reversed to the Employer & then the employer can transfer into your super account as one off entry and has to do via super clearing house with appropriate contribution/wage period completed while processing the transaction to avoid the conributions counted towards the wrong period.

It baffles me, even after cleaing house, how can this go so wrong on so many levels?????? that it was picked up after 1 year.Smiley Surprised

Replies 0

Sure, My parents have a self funded super fund and I gave them the details to that, eg bsb & account number and my employer had been paying into that until I noticed it. It has now been amended but thats what I want to know re rollover from their SF super fund to mine MLC and you answered it. So I have to go back to my employer for amount to be reversed in a one off payment. Dont worry it baffles me too all of us but it happened, thanks for you help.