Announcements
We’re in read-only mode while we do some scheduled maintenance to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You can still search the site to find answers or take a look at our current top 10 questions.

ATO Community

Interstate Job and accommodation and Travel deductions

Views 76

Replies 1

I have a skill set in the medical game. My family and I reside in Sydney. The agency I contract with has a range of clients in Melbourne and regional Victoria. I spend a lot of time in Victoria. The contract is changing and the agency will no longer pay for the accomadation and transport. Am I able to claim the rent on an apartment and the daily living expenses and transport expenses between NSW and Victoria, if the majority of my income is earned in Victoria directly, despite me actually living in Sydney and travelling back and forth to do work. The agency is a single agency but the clients are spread across Victoria and I will not have any idea where I may need to travel to on a daily basis. The actual funding for each client is different and the clients pay the agency who then pays me from those funds at various rates. I currently pay top marginal tax and income is >200K. I am loooking for an accountancy firm who can assist me through the process.

I expect the total travel and food and rent option is approximately 40K. Thanks for any suggestions Pete

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Peterthenurse

This seems to be a duplicate thread. I've answered on your other post:

Accomadation and apartment lease costs for a Casual Salary earner living in another state

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Peterthenurse

This seems to be a duplicate thread. I've answered on your other post:

Accomadation and apartment lease costs for a Casual Salary earner living in another state