Announcements
The JobKeeper Payment scheme finished on 28 March 2021. Find out what this means for your business.

ATO Community

Re: Souse details not available

Views 109

Replies 1

I need my spouse income details for my tax return. The guidance given says that if we cant get the information we will not be penalised as long as we act reasonably and in good faith. However she refuses to reveal any information at all. What do I do? It seems that have to declare the information, but have no rights to get it. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @querynameato

If you have made reasonable attempts to obtain this information and are unable to you can make a reasonable estimate. You will not be penalised for an incorrect estimate if you acted reasonably and in good faith. As she wishes to not inform you of any details the only step left for you to take is to make an estimation.

All the best!

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @querynameato

If you have made reasonable attempts to obtain this information and are unable to you can make a reasonable estimate. You will not be penalised for an incorrect estimate if you acted reasonably and in good faith. As she wishes to not inform you of any details the only step left for you to take is to make an estimation.

All the best!