Announcements
We're doing scheduled maintenance on ATO Community to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You may see us go into read-only mode every now and then while we do this. Don't worry! You'll still be able to search the site to find your answers

ATO Community

Whu is my tax so little

Views 100

Replies 2

I payed 9980 in tax this year 

I payed 2000 I'm tax last year 

But this year I'm getting 2000 and Last year I got 1500 sonthing seams wrong about it 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Community Moderator

Replies 0

Hi @Rosevidler 

As @TonyATO mentioned there could be a few different reasons for the outcome of your returns. It could relate to deductions claimed, differences in tax offset as income changes, amount of tax withheld from employer/s, other income like bank interest etc.

We do have an Income tax estimator that you might find handy, as you might be able to replicate your returns and see if that provides some answers.

2 REPLIES 2

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hello @Rosevidler

There are lots of reasons why your refund might be lower this year, but its impossible for us to say without looking at your tax return.

I suggest double-checking all the labels in your return and then lodge an amendment if you find any mistakes.

You can also give us a call if you want us to take a look at it.

Smiley Happy

Most helpful response

Community Moderator

Replies 0

Hi @Rosevidler 

As @TonyATO mentioned there could be a few different reasons for the outcome of your returns. It could relate to deductions claimed, differences in tax offset as income changes, amount of tax withheld from employer/s, other income like bank interest etc.

We do have an Income tax estimator that you might find handy, as you might be able to replicate your returns and see if that provides some answers.