Announcements
Have you sold crypto, shares or property? Our new capital gains tax guide has info about cost bases, calculations & more! Still got questions? Ask the Community!

ATO Community

Re: medicare levy

I'm new

Views 76

Replies 1

I have received my PR 190 visa on 09 April 2021. And my medicare was issued on 13th of April. Do need to pay full medicare levy?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Arjneupane,

You may be entitled to a part year exemption for Medicare Levy. You will need to confirm with Services Australia and if you are entitled to an exemption they will issue you with a Medicare Entitlement Statement.

If it is determined that you are entitled to the exemption up until a certain date, then you will be able to include the dates at the Medicare Levy exemption question on your tax return.

I hope this helps!

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Arjneupane,

You may be entitled to a part year exemption for Medicare Levy. You will need to confirm with Services Australia and if you are entitled to an exemption they will issue you with a Medicare Entitlement Statement.

If it is determined that you are entitled to the exemption up until a certain date, then you will be able to include the dates at the Medicare Levy exemption question on your tax return.

I hope this helps!