Announcements
Have you sold crypto, shares or property? Our new capital gains tax guide has info about cost bases, calculations & more! Still got questions? Ask the Community!

ATO Community

Re: As a side income, I am doing menulog, where and how can i do tax return for it

Views 171

Replies 5

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

ATO Community Support

Replies 4

Hi @upen

If you're doing food delivery, you'll be running a business.

You'll need to report your income as either business income or loss or personal services income.

You'll report this in myTax by selecting

• You were a sole trader or had business income or losses, partnership or trust distributions (not from a managed fund)
  • Business/Sole trader income or loss
  • and then Personal Services Income or Business Income Or Loss.

You can read about how to complete personal services income and net income or loss from a business of your return on our website.

5 REPLIES 5

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

ATO Community Support

Replies 4

Hi @upen

If you're doing food delivery, you'll be running a business.

You'll need to report your income as either business income or loss or personal services income.

You'll report this in myTax by selecting

• You were a sole trader or had business income or losses, partnership or trust distributions (not from a managed fund)
  • Business/Sole trader income or loss
  • and then Personal Services Income or Business Income Or Loss.

You can read about how to complete personal services income and net income or loss from a business of your return on our website.

Replies 3

As a deduction, Can i claim the kilometer and internet  i used while doing this job?

ATO Community Support

Replies 2

Hello @upen

Yes you can claim these expenses.

Kilometres are a motor vehicle expense.

Internet is an operating expense.

Just remember that if you incur motor vehicle and internet expenses for both business and personal use, you can only claim the portion of the expenses that are for business use.

Smiley Happy

Replies 1

Thank you. So where do i need to show the motor vehicle expenses and operating expenses. Is it in D1 and  D5. Or in Item p1

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @upen

No those labels are for employees.

When you go through the business section of the tax return there is a section for your business expenses. You will see motor vehicle expenses and other types. Have a look at the links @Blake has given and here is a link for more info about business expenses