Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Can my employer do any transaction through my ABN if i have left the job??

I'm new

Views 169

Replies 1

i was working with some company before and left the job. There was no any transaction through bank but my employer asked me my ABN at the end. I gave my abn and he put more money then i have received. I had to deal with that tax after. Now, when i have left the job.  Can he use my abn in further transaction??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Yam

To answer your question, no your employer shouldn't be using your ABN for any further transactions other than what they were required to pay you for. Most likely they needed your ABN to avoid having to withhold tax from the payment which is why you head to deal with the tax after - if you didnt provide the ABN they would have withheld tax.

Hope this helps, let us know if you have any further questions.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Yam

To answer your question, no your employer shouldn't be using your ABN for any further transactions other than what they were required to pay you for. Most likely they needed your ABN to avoid having to withhold tax from the payment which is why you head to deal with the tax after - if you didnt provide the ABN they would have withheld tax.

Hope this helps, let us know if you have any further questions.