Announcements
We’re in read-only mode while we do some scheduled maintenance to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You can still search the site to find answers or take a look at our current top 10 questions.

ATO Community

Cancellation of TFN

Views 426

Replies 3

Had a phone call from ATO saying they had cancelled my TFN due to fraudulent activity. How do I re-activate it, have tried to phone someone for advice and keep getting referred to this community page. I need my TFN

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @shelleyscadding

We won't cancel your TFN. 

If we suspect your TFN may not be secure, we will put additional security measures in place to make sure you are the right person before processing any request. 

We have information on our website to help you verify if the call was genuine.

If we suspect misuse of your TFN, our team will direct you to speak with our Client Identity Support Centre to keep your account secure and make sure only you can access your account. 

3 REPLIES 3

Taxicorn

Replies 2

@shelleyscadding 

Call the ATO and find out ifit is true and how to re-activate it.

Identity theft – if you think your tax file number (TFN) has been stolen or misused.

1800 467 033

Replies 0

Have tried to call a couple of numbers and keeps sending me to the community page and most asked questions.

will just keep trying some of the numbers, thankyou for your reply

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @shelleyscadding

We won't cancel your TFN. 

If we suspect your TFN may not be secure, we will put additional security measures in place to make sure you are the right person before processing any request. 

We have information on our website to help you verify if the call was genuine.

If we suspect misuse of your TFN, our team will direct you to speak with our Client Identity Support Centre to keep your account secure and make sure only you can access your account.