Announcements
Have you sold crypto, shares or property? Our new capital gains tax guide has info about cost bases, calculations & more! Still got questions? Ask the Community!

ATO Community

Re: About First Tax Claim and self education

Initiate

Views 174

Replies 4

This is my first time for tax return and I have heard that for the first time, all tax deducted can be claimed, is that true?

Also, I am an international student enrolled for Bachelors in nursing and currently working as an Assistant in nursing in an aged care. Can I deduct my tuition fees in my gross annual income for tax purposes, as I have been funding my education by myself?

I need a genuine suggestion or informations. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Taxicorn Registered Tax Practitioner

Replies 0

This is my first time for tax return and I have heard that for the first time, all tax deducted can be claimed, is that true?

No  -  that is an urban myth.

If your income is under $ 20 K, then all tax back.

Also, I am an international student enrolled for Bachelors in nursing and currently working as an Assistant in nursing in an aged care. Can I deduct my tuition fees in my gross annual income for tax purposes, as I have been funding my education by myself?

No  -  your job is for the purposes of funding your education.

For a tax deduction, your education needs to be directly connected to your current employment.

4 REPLIES 4

Most helpful response

Replies 0

No  -  that is an urban myth.

If your income is under $ 20 K, then all tax back.

No  -  your job is for the purposes of funding your education.

For a tax deduction, your education needs to be directly connected to your current employment.

Initiate

Replies 2

What are the things I can deduct in my Tax claim? I would be grateful if anyone can provide me with information.

And thank you so much #Bruce4tax(Devotee), for your kind information. 

Replies 1

Initiate

Replies 0

Thank you so so much for all these information.

It means a lot to me. I will forever be grateful for this help.