Announcements
Are you a tax professional needing a bit more time to lodge? Check out how to apply online for a deferral, or ask the Community!

ATO Community

Logging into tax agent portal

I'm new

Views 2170

Replies 3

I can log into the portal but when I attempt to open a TPAR or BAS statement I get the following message.

Access Denied - existing session detected

You are already logg into services for agents.

You must first log out of your existing session(s) before lodging into ATO Online Services.

Is anyone else having this issue please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @Chrisw17,

If you have any existing devices with machine credentials, make sure those devices are not connected to any online services.

You should clear your cache and cookies of the browser on the device you're trying to use, too. There may be a cookie that thinks a pre-existing session is still running.

Try another browser if clearing the cookies and cache doesn't change it.

Hope this helps!

3 REPLIES 3

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @Chrisw17,

If you have any existing devices with machine credentials, make sure those devices are not connected to any online services.

You should clear your cache and cookies of the browser on the device you're trying to use, too. There may be a cookie that thinks a pre-existing session is still running.

Try another browser if clearing the cookies and cache doesn't change it.

Hope this helps!

Initiate

Replies 0

Thanks!  This worked a treat for me this morning Smiley Very Happy

I'm new

Replies 0

Yes!! Driving me crazy.  Even after computer restarts, nothing seems to work. 

Access denied - existing session detected - You are already logged into Online services for business in another tab or window.

You must first log out of your existing session(s) before logging into ATO online services – individuals and sole traders.

Also, lots of freezing and ATO software issues.

No other issues with my PC or other providers noted. I took screenshots of the ATO error messages and # but cant upload them here..