Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Re: Thin Capitalisation Computation Illustration and Trust Tax Return Revisions

Initiate

Views 73

Replies 2

Hi All!

I'm new to the ATO community and I would like to seek help regarding a research that I need to conduct for work. I am working for a fund management firm and I am trying to come up with a summary of the changes or revisions that is to be implemented in the Trust Tax Return 2021 (both for MIT and AMIT), as compared to prior year 2020.

Also, I would like to seek help on Thin Capitalisation rules summary and illustration. Now, I see that there is a section here that is devoted to discussing Thin Cap, but there is not much given for illustrative examples, specifically on the computation and thin cap application. Also a summary of any changes or revision in the 2021 thin cap guidelines.

Hoping for your support on my concern. Thank you so much, ATO community!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

ATO Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @Reese_S,

I love it when I see people have done some research.

Check out our website to see what's new in the 2021 trust tax return.

We've also listed what's new in the international dealings schedule instructions 2021.

If you haven't read up on Section D: Thin capitalisation, it's well worth a read.  It talks about how to complete the 2021 tax return with some awesome links.

I really enjoyed researching your questions.

2 REPLIES 2

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

ATO Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @Reese_S,

I love it when I see people have done some research.

Check out our website to see what's new in the 2021 trust tax return.

We've also listed what's new in the international dealings schedule instructions 2021.

If you haven't read up on Section D: Thin capitalisation, it's well worth a read.  It talks about how to complete the 2021 tax return with some awesome links.

I really enjoyed researching your questions.

Initiate

Replies 0

Thank you, @CaroATO !