Announcements
We're doing scheduled maintenance on ATO Community to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You may see us go into read-only mode every now and then while we do this. Don't worry! You'll still be able to search the site to find your answers

ATO Community

I accidentally lodged tax return too early (before my employer has lodged it)

I'm new

Views 159

Replies 2

I just tried to lodge my tax return but then recieved the notice that my employer had not yet submitted my income to the ATO for this financial year yet. However, after estimating the return, I noticed the "Lodge" button and tried it, thinking that it would not be able to go through without my employer submitting my income information, but it did seem to go through? I followed the ATO's intructions on how to edit the return to cancel it until my employer's information is lodged but now it keeps coming up with the statement "You have already lodged", but when I go to my lodgement history to edit, it is not listed. Instead, it is listed in the "not lodged" section.

What do I do? Will I still get my full tax return once my employer submits? I am supposed to get about $1.9K.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 1

Did you enter your income and tax withheld accurately? If so I don't see a problem. When your employer lodges they'll match what you've put in and it won't be a problem. 

If you didn't enter accurate details of your income and tax withheld then you'd need to do amendment. You can do that online in your myGov if you need. 

2 REPLIES 2

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 1

Did you enter your income and tax withheld accurately? If so I don't see a problem. When your employer lodges they'll match what you've put in and it won't be a problem. 

If you didn't enter accurate details of your income and tax withheld then you'd need to do amendment. You can do that online in your myGov if you need. 

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @chloe1

The reply from @Iheartrefunds is correct. If you want some additional information about checking your return status in myGOV please review the answer provided to a similar question previously asked.

You can view that here.

RichATO