Announcements
We’re doing scheduled maintenance on ATO Community to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You may see us go into read-only mode over the weekend while we do this. Don’t worry! You’ll still be able to search the site to find your answers.

ATO Community

Re: Salary received on 30 of June to be included in the income statement of FY2020-21

Views 167

Replies 4

Dear Sir/Madam,

My last employment date was 30 June 2021. I received the last salary for covering up to 30 June 2021 on the day of 30 June 2021 in my bank account.

Does this salary payment I received on 30 June 2021 is to be included in the income statement of FY2020-21 or FY2021-22?

Kind regards

Cindy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Champion

Replies 2

Hi Cindy,

Welcome to ATO Community!

If you received a payment of salary or wages on 30 June, being the last day of the 2020-21 income year, it gets included in the income statement for the 2020-21 income year.

All the best.

This is my personal view; I’m an ATO employee who chooses to help out here in my own time.

4 REPLIES 4

Devotee

Replies 0

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Champion

Replies 2

Hi Cindy,

Welcome to ATO Community!

If you received a payment of salary or wages on 30 June, being the last day of the 2020-21 income year, it gets included in the income statement for the 2020-21 income year.

All the best.

This is my personal view; I’m an ATO employee who chooses to help out here in my own time.

Replies 1

Thank you so much for the information.

With your advice provided to me, I have asked my employer to amend my income statement for FY2020/21.

Despite I provided your advice to my employer as a reference, my employer has advised me that my last salary payment (for a period from 18 to 30 of June 2021) that I received on 30 of June, being my last of employment is to be in the income year of 2021/22 instead of 2020/21 because the payment was processed with the intended pay date of July 1 although I got paid on 30 of June. Thus, they refused my request to amend the income statement.

This has resulted in disadvantages to me financially as I was expected the last payment to be paid on 30 June and thus included in the income year of 2020/21 in line with my financial plan being arranged.

May I please seek your further advice on this matter? And is it possible that I can get official ATO advice on whether my salary payment received on 30 of June to be included in the income year for FY 2020/21?

Kind regards

Cindy

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Cindy2,

If you were paid in the financial year 1 July 2020 - 30 June 2021 this is income related to the 2021FY. If your employer refuses to correct your income statement you can amend the prefill information on myTax. If we question this, you may need to provide additional information.

We've also answered a similar post on our forum, you can view the response here.