ATO Community

Unable to link my business to MyGovID

Views 205

Replies 1

Hi, does anyone know how this works? Did I do something wrong?

I'm not able to link my newly registered business with MyGovID and RAM. It said unavailable due to system maintenance, I can't find any scheduled maintenance, and it kept saying that for the past two weeks. 

How long does it take to get back to normal anyway?

I need to link the business and register for ABN, like right now. Is there any other way I can do that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Alyka,

Relationship Authorisation Manager (RAM) is currently undergoing system maintenance, impacting the Link your business function, so you're not alone there. Thanks for your patience while this is happening!

Existing business links and authorisations are not impacted, and principal authorities and authorisation administrators can continue to authorise others to act on behalf of the business.

If your BAS is due soon and you’re unable to link your business in RAM:
- Contact your principal authority or authorisation administrator so they can authorise you
- If you’re a sole trader you can access ATO online via myGov.
- Find out alternative ways to lodge your BAS

If you don’t need to link your business urgently, please hold tight as it will be back up and running on 15 March. For urgent assistance to link your business, phone the number next to MyGovID on our contact us page (select option 3). You’ll need to provide personal details to complete a proof of identity check. 

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and will update you once the function is available again. 

Link:
Contact us

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Alyka,

Relationship Authorisation Manager (RAM) is currently undergoing system maintenance, impacting the Link your business function, so you're not alone there. Thanks for your patience while this is happening!

Existing business links and authorisations are not impacted, and principal authorities and authorisation administrators can continue to authorise others to act on behalf of the business.

If your BAS is due soon and you’re unable to link your business in RAM:
- Contact your principal authority or authorisation administrator so they can authorise you
- If you’re a sole trader you can access ATO online via myGov.
- Find out alternative ways to lodge your BAS

If you don’t need to link your business urgently, please hold tight as it will be back up and running on 15 March. For urgent assistance to link your business, phone the number next to MyGovID on our contact us page (select option 3). You’ll need to provide personal details to complete a proof of identity check. 

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and will update you once the function is available again. 

Link:
Contact us